The Artist Formerly Known as Oehm-Doggy

The day-to-day adventures of a naive mid-westerner living in the heart of lala land...

Friday, March 25, 2005

Love and Marriage...

Maybe it's a function of the fact that I am in my mid-twenties, but it seems like all of my conversations these days are about relationships with the opposite sex. Not that this isn't an interesting topic, but there are many many other things going on in the world and I wonder if it is all downhill from here. I noticed a while back that when we get together with our OC couple, we talk a lot about our cats. Is it just a slippery slope into talking about our future kids? Am I doomed to only speak of domestic things forever?

I'm not really complaining. I love hearing about weddings (OC, my boss and I are all getting married...7 days until OC's!), breakups (coworker #1 finally did it), long distance affairs (ok, I don't really love hearing about coworker #2's sexual frustration), and all of the related topics. I think that what made me freak out a little was when coworker #3 let it slip yesterday that she doesn't know who Terri Schiavo is. Seriously? Maybe it's time for us all of be a little less self-centered and look at the things that are happening in the world around us. (Not you though OC, you can be self-centered since your wedding is in a week).

1 Comments:

  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger MissMargo said…

    I'm sooo guilty of this! I try, I really do, but it seems the only thing anyone ever asks me about it the BF...Maybe I'll start responding to those questions with completely unrelated answers about physics.

    "So Margo how is TG"
    "Well, you know, I question the validity of String theory, based soley on the fact that gravity is so unpredicatble at the sub-atomic level..."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home