The Artist Formerly Known as Oehm-Doggy

The day-to-day adventures of a naive mid-westerner living in the heart of lala land...

Monday, April 11, 2005

Plagues and Pestilence

So, my office is infested with earwigs. First ants, then rats, now earwigs. I am expecting someone to come and ask for my firstborn son next.



I did find out, however, that it is a myth that earwigs crawl into your ear and lay eggs and then you get a headache and DIE. Not true at all. That made me feel a little better.

On the topic of plagues and pestilence though, I was wondering...when god comes for the firstborn sons, who is he really looking for? Like if god went to Roanoke, VA and fiance's parents didn't have goat blood on their door, would god come to California to get fiance? He is the firstborn. Come to think of it, his dad is the first son in his family too. So, is it ALL firstborn sons, or only the firstborn sons of the family-unit in the household?

2 Comments:

  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger MissMargo said…

    1) When the Lord says all first born sons, the Lord means it! Your Fiance is screwed!

    2)My office is plagued with stupid 21 year old girls. They don't burrow into your brain, but the sounds of their discussions of People Magazine and bridesmaids dresses does cause headaches.

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Jayme said…

    I think that I too have been having far too many discussions of People and bridesmaids dresses...quick give me something deep and intellectual to think about!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home