The Artist Formerly Known as Oehm-Doggy

The day-to-day adventures of a naive mid-westerner living in the heart of lala land...

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

In honor of 4-20

I figure that since it is 4-20 (happy birthday Thom!!!), I should tell a story in tribute to your friend and mine, marijuana.

Once upon a time, I was a college freshman, sitting in my dorm room in Washington D.C. on a Sunday night, studying like the diligent student that I was. Phone rings.

Me: "Hello?"
TJ: "OHMYGODERIC'SHOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!!"
Me: "Why are you calling me about it?"
TJ: "Because it's really funny"

It turns out that my LNC friends had all gone over to Eric's house to drink and smoke up. The "smoking" balcony at Eric's house is on the second floor, and looks out over the garage. In all of their brilliance, my friends had been throwing their cigarette butts onto the garage roof, which also happened to be covered in fall leaves. Next thing you know, Eric's house was on fire. Luckily, since they were stoned, and had the requisite munchies, they were making macaroni and cheese. Seeing the flames on the roof of the garage, someone had the brilliant idea to throw the boiling macaroni water onto the fire. Unfortunately the six cups of water that Kraft calls for was not enough to douse the flames. Even more unfortunately, the half-cooked macaroni noodles that were in the pot with the water were now all over the garage roof.

While this was all happening, my friends were passing the phone around, each giving me their own version of what was happening. The also performed a rousing version of "The Roof Is On Fire". Eventually someone (and not the person generally thought of as the brightest person there) had the presence of mind to turn on the hose and put the fire out. All in all, one of the funniest stories that I did not actually witness.

Happy 4-20 everyone!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger MissMargo said…

    In honor of 4-20 I should mention that I finally discovered what was producing the pot smell in my office. The smell is not in fact coming from our interpreter but from a medical bill one of my very chill clients dropped off the other day!

    Huzzah! Mystery solved

     

Post a Comment

<< Home