The Artist Formerly Known as Oehm-Doggy

The day-to-day adventures of a naive mid-westerner living in the heart of lala land...

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Gonorrhea? In my finger?

So I woke up Monday morning and my right index finger was all swollen and painful. It's not bruised, but it hurts and I can't bend it very far. I probably injured myself in my sleep right? Well, because I am a hypochondriac and I am also not sure that there isn't a fatal finger disease that I don't know about, I asked my med school friend about it last night. Her response was that it could be gonorrhea. WTF??? Turns out that certain types of infections target joints and gonorrhea is one of them. Eeeeew! Good news is that I would have had to catch gonorrhea somewhere, and since I haven't been promiscuous in years and poor fiance doesn't have time to be promiscuous, I probably don't have gonorrhea. I really should stop asking her about disease possibilities though...it's freaking me out. There is a term for med students who diagnose themselves with every new disease that they learn about. I wonder if that term applies to the future doctor's friends...

2 Comments:

  • At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

    Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

    Hope to hear from you soon!

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Jayme said…

    wow...blog spam

     

Post a Comment

<< Home