The Artist Formerly Known as Oehm-Doggy

The day-to-day adventures of a naive mid-westerner living in the heart of lala land...

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Good Ol' Days

There is this girl that I know. She was one of my campers back in the Kitaki days. At the time she was about 11 or 12...cute little thing. We kept in touch a little after I left for college, and since I have never deleted a name from my AIM friends list, I have seen when she comes online for the last 8 or 9 years. Yes, that is probably wierd, but I really hate the idea of deleting anyone.

Anyway, out of curiosity (or boredom, or putting off working), I looked at her profile and there was a link to a Xanga blog site. She is now finishing up her sophomore year at UNL. Her blogs are all about playing frisbee in front of the Union and meeting new people and the fabulous pair of new shoes that she wants.

I want to go back to college. Of course, technically, I am back in college, but grad school while working a full-time job does NOT count. Especially in Cali, where the lack of seasons means that you don't get that bit of excitement when the snow finally melts in the spring, or when the leaves start to turn and fall off of the trees. Furthermore, I would really like a summer vacation. Traveling for work half the summer and taking two classes is not a summer vacation.

Urgh. And the "real" Louis Vuitton bag I won on E-bay is NOT real! Bastard!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think at kitaki you should have counseled her to be more substantive...you know, during her formative years when it might have stuck.

    because based on the blog, her day-to-day pursuits differ not significantly from a golden retriever.

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Jayme said…

    Actually, I don't know any golden retrievers who go shopping. A few chihuahuas maybe, but no golden retrievers.

    And I am sure that my former camper does plenty of high-minded "substantive" things...she IS a full time student at UNL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home