The Artist Formerly Known as Oehm-Doggy

The day-to-day adventures of a naive mid-westerner living in the heart of lala land...

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Amendment

I was thinking a little more about that last blog. I think that my nostalgia is misplaced. I thought that I wanted to go back to being more innocent and carefree, but I was never that person, so it's not like I can go BACK to that. Kitaki girl isn't shallow or narrowminded, but she is infinitely content with her life in Lincoln. She is happy going to UNL and staying with her highschool boyfriend. Hell, she is over the moon excited about getting a job at Wilderness Ridge. Lip gloss truly makes her happy. I, being the cynical drama queen that I am, was never that content. On one hand, that is a good thing. People who aren't content are the ones who go out and make changes in the world. They live exciting lives and push themselves to go further. On the other hand, I wish that I could have been a little more like her. Why couldn't I have appreciated the value in hanging out with friends and eating buffalo wings without worrying about what I should be doing instead? Why do I have to be such a malcontent?

Tonight I will buy myself a new lip gloss. I will make an effort to appreciate my newly shiny lips and try to be more content with what I have in my life, instead of worrying about how to get the things that I don't have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home