The Artist Formerly Known as Oehm-Doggy

The day-to-day adventures of a naive mid-westerner living in the heart of lala land...

Monday, August 15, 2005

Vintage

Ten years ago today I was getting ready for my first day of high school. KT and I went to good ol' LSE to pick out our locker and have our yearbook pictures taken. We walked there in the 100 degree heat because we weren't yet old enough to drive by ourselves. I went school clothes shopping with my mom. I think that I was still into some cheezy store at Eastpark back then. I was so very excited to finally start high school. I thought that it was the pinnacle of my whole life (in some ways, I guess I still do, but that's a whole other Oprah). I can't believe that it was ten whole years ago. That means that I have had my group of friends for a decade. I don't think that any of us ever thought that we liked each other enough to stay friends for this long. The weather out here doesn't change, but there is still something in my internal clock that feels like fall is the start of something new. I just wish my mom would take me shopping...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home