The Artist Formerly Known as Oehm-Doggy

The day-to-day adventures of a naive mid-westerner living in the heart of lala land...

Friday, October 14, 2005

Letter to L.A. Traffic

Dear Los Angeles Traffic,

Why must you confuse me so?

I leave early, I arrive late. I leave late, I arrive late. We had a good pattern going there. I felt comfortable and stable, albeit a little pissy. At least I knew what to expect out of you. Consistancy is key to a good relationship.

The past few days, you have just been acting so differently. I don't understand what is going on with you. I have left early and arrived early. I have left late and arrived even earlier. No congestion. No snarls. No sig alerts. And it's not just a little different. I had morning nooking today and left 15 minutes late and still arrived to work on time. That's a big difference. Dr. Phil says that when one half of a relationship begins acting in a way that is completely unusual, it could be a sign of unfaithfulness. Should I be worried?

If you have just turned over a new leaf, and this is how it is going to be from now on, just let me know. I will change my departure time and all will be well. I am very excited even at the prospect. However, if you are just doing this to tease me, it's mean and you should stop. I hope that you value our coexistance enough to help me out with this.

Yours,

Jayme (2005 SilverHonda Civic LX)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home