The Artist Formerly Known as Oehm-Doggy

The day-to-day adventures of a naive mid-westerner living in the heart of lala land...

Monday, December 12, 2005

Monday, Bloody Monday


1) This morning I parked my car in the parking lot at work. I went inside. A little later I went back outside to buy a Diet Dr. Pepper from the machine. I noticed that my car was in the middle of the drive way. I had apparently forgotten to set the parking break. I had to push it back (I didn't have my keys on me since I had just gone down for a soda) and a million people saw me and laughed.

2) I find out this afternoon if I need knee surgery. Turns out that I not only have a meniscal tear (which I kind of knew I had), I also have a congenital knee deformity. That's right kids, deformity! "Every knee has a medial and lateral meniscus which are C-shaped pieces of fibrocartilage that absorb stress and act as cushions between the bones at the knee."
http://www.emedicine.com/orthoped/topic76.htm
Apparently rather than nice normal C-shaped menisci, I have disc shaped ones. Crazy.

3) Wonderful and fabulous mini-vacay to the Central Coast this weekend...pictures and details to come.

4) 12 days until I get to go back to the LNC! 13 days till Christmas! Keeping my fingers crossed for that gorgeous Dooney and Bourke bag!

5) If you are one of my L.A. peeps, don't forget to RSVP for the Holiday Cocktail party at chez nous on the 22nd!

6) Must go back to working on "Helping Teachers or Harming Students? An Analysis of California's Teacher Tenure Policy" How jealous of me are you?

Lates...

2 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Sparky Duck said…

    well now adays MCL tears and surgery are not that bad, though I am sure you are not a wide receiver who has plenty of access to all those pain pills and rehab.

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Jayme said…

    Yeah, that's what the Dr. said...no crutches involved or anything. And how did you guess that I'm not a wide receiver? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home