The Artist Formerly Known as Oehm-Doggy

The day-to-day adventures of a naive mid-westerner living in the heart of lala land...

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Getting Old

I just turned 27 years old. I am a married, professional woman. My best friend is having a baby. I decided that it was time to face the fact that I am getting older. It was time to take the plunge, so I did it.

I took out my belly button ring.

I have had it for 9 years. The hole will probably never heal completely. My stomach looks wierd without it. I didn't think that I even noticed it anymore, but now that it isn't there, I kind of miss it. I will not put it back in though. I refuse to be one of those people who hold on to youth by doing things that are WAY too young for them.

Next thing you know I will drive a mini-van and wear elastic waisted pants. I do have to draw one line though...I am not cutting my hair.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, it would have looked really funny if you still had it in when you got pregnant. You could wait until the end of summer - that way you still have one last bikini season with the sparkly tummy.

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jayme said…

    Really though, how often do I wear a bathing suit? I mean to go to the beach and all, but it never happens. Hawaii in October though...

    No. I have to stop. It was time.

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'll give you 10 dollars for it.

    last offer.

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger jlneiman said…

    That is creepy.

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No elastic waisted pants. There I draw the line.

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Come on, old people don't sky dive.

    And Dyl, sometimes you need an elastic band, like when your tummy is growing expotentially (today I had to wear a rubberband to hold my pants together because I couldn't button my pants).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home