The Artist Formerly Known as Oehm-Doggy

The day-to-day adventures of a naive mid-westerner living in the heart of lala land...

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Lizard Pushups


My office is pretty much in the desert. There are all of these cute little lizards that run around outside of the building. It always looks like they are doing push-ups. I was wondering what these push-ups were for, so I looked it up and then decided to share my newfound knowledge with the world.

"Lizards in the suborder Iguania communicate by doing push-ups and other athletic displays. They convey territoriality, courtship displays, and other messages with various combinations of push-ups, body postures, head movements, and displays of colorful belly patches or throat dewlaps. "

So, when they see me and then do push-ups, they are either threatened by me...or are trying to mate...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home